Montana University American Indian Tuition Waver

1. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to demonstrate financial need.

2. Complete an American Indian Tuition Waiver application form. This is available at each financial aid office or online at the American Indian/Minority Achievement website:

3. Provide documentation that you are at least one-quarter American Indian or more; or are enrolled members of a state recognized or federally recognized Indian tribe which is located within the boundaries of the State of Montana. Documentation can include: official CIB (Certificate of Indian Blood), Tribal enrollment card, and/or documentation of parent/grandparent's degree of blood. Documentation from more than one tribe may be necessary. Documentation need not be from a Montana-based tribe so long as you are a Montana Resident

4. Provide documentation that you are a resident of Montana. Generally you must have been in residence in Montana for at least a 12-month period. See Policy 940.1. The American Indian Tuition Waiver may not be used with other state tuition waivers. The waiver does not cover mandatory or class fees. All other fees are the student's responsibility.

Note: The amount of the tuition waiver will vary depending on the institution and the number of credits taken.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2023 SchoolMessenger Corporation. All rights reserved.